Our legacy of 30 years speaks volumes of how we, KRYFS Power Components Ltd., work to make a positive difference in the power industry with our range of Rooftop Solar System, Industrial Transformers, etc. We work in a proactive, professional, transparent and approachable manner from our company base in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
We never lose sight of our long-term responsibilities towards our stakeholders with our vision being to give a rewarding and transformative experience to all stakeholders, including our customers, employees, suppliers, and shareholders. With our deep industry insights and resilient support, we also wish to contribute our bit to the society at large as an ethical, sustainable, and environmentally friendly player from the power industry of India.
Kherdi Manufacturing Facility
Our Kherdi manufacturing facility with a commendable processing capacity of 35,000 MTPA is located on an 1,80,000 square feet site. We employ only the best techniques and procedures at the setup, and maintain greater control over various production related works using the following equipment and machines:
- Automated Slot making machines
- Seven fully automated CNC GEORG TBA-1000 (3 Nos.), TBA 600, TBA 300 (2 Nos.) LAE 250
- Pit Type Inert Gas Annealing Furnace
- ALTEL make CT Testing Machine & YOKOGAWA make Power Analysers
- Weighbridge Scales, MORA make Optical Scale
- Torroidal Core Winding Machines LARA, AEM UNICORE machines
- Two Slitting LinesGEORG (1200 mm) & SDRI (1000 mm)
- Core Testing Room & Core assembly stabilizer machines
- Magnetic Steel Testing laboratory with Frankin, Epstein, SST Ring core Tester and other critical tests
- Ten EOT Cranes 10MT (1) & 5 MT (7) & 3MT (1)
Awards & Achievements
We showcase the awards and achievements received by the KRYFS Group within the power industry through these points below:
- 2004-05 | EEPC Western Region Export Excellence-Star Performer
- 2005-06 | EEPC All India Export Excellence-Star Performer
- 2006-07 | EEPC All India Export Excellence-Special Contribution for being Highest Exporter to Thrust Markets
- 2007-08 | EEPC National Export Excellence- Star Performer for Outstanding Contribution to Engineering Exports
- 2010-11 | EEPC Regional Star Performer for outstanding contribution to Engineering Exports
- 2011-12 | EEPC National Export Excellence- Star Performer
- 2011-12 | India SME 100 Awards-celebrating achievers of 2012
- 2012-13 | EEPC All India Export Excellence-Star Performer
- 2012-13 | Inc. India Innovative 100 Award
- 2012-13 | Innovation Winner, ASSOCHAM-ICAI SMEs Excellence Award
- 2014-15 | Indias Small Giants by NDTV Profit
- 2014-15 | India SME 100 Awards by Bank of India
- 2019-20 | Excellence Award by Citi Bank
Milestones We Have Attained
- 1992: Our commercial production works began with the setting up of our Palghar plant having a capacity of 300 MTPA.
- 1997: Production works were initiated at our Kherdi plant. Total capacity of the Palghar & Kherdi Unit was 2000 MTPA.
- 1998 (April): Entered into a Technical Collaboration with Slingmax, USA.
- 2001: Got recognition as the first ISO 9001 lamination manufacturer from India, and also Commissioned the first Georg automatic cut to length line capable of cutting laminations of upto 1000 mm. Total capacity was 9000 MTPA.
- 2005 (Oct): Attained Star Export House status.
- 2006 (Nov): Acquired Power Grid approval.
- 2006 (Dec): Reliance India Power Fund (RIPF) buys 15% stake in KRYFS Power Components Ltd. (KPCL).
- 2007 (Dec): Out of 128, 000 companies, we were shortlisted as a top performing company in the Engineering sector for CNBC-ICICI Emerging India awards. Also acquired ETE (Thana Electric) at Silvassa for engineering Transformers up to 10 MVA/33 KV Class.
- 2008 (April): Received prestigious order from BHEL for being the largest 498 MVA transformer laminations for HVDC line at Ballia-Bhiwadi, Rajasthan.
- 2008 (July): Only one of the two PGCIL approved facilities for engineering 400 KV class transformer laminations.
- 2008 (Nov): Became the first Step Lap design, manufacture and assembly facility to reduce Transformer No Load losses by 5 to 8%.
- 2009 (Dec): Was honoured with the Prestigious EEPC National Award for Star Performer for Exports from the Union Minister of Commerce, Shri Anand Sharma.
- 2010 (Sep): Total manufacturing capacity was scaled up to 30,000 MTPA with addition of two other cut to length lines.
- 2010 (Nov): Installed AEM- Australian machine for manufacturing of Unicores (wound cores).
- 2011 (Oct): Received an Appreciation Certificate from Crompton Greaves for supplying Lamination in development of 1200 KV Transformer for National Test Station PGCIL-Bina.
- 2012 (April): KRYFS buys back 15% Reliance India Power Fund (RIFP) Share holding.
- 2012 (May): Acquired Pratik Transformers Pvt. Ltd. (PTPL)- a Vadodara based manufacturer of Transformers.
- 2012 (June): Installed high-tech LARA (Turkey) machine in its factory for producing Torroidal (wound cores). The same year Toyota Tsusho Corporation-Japan takes a stake of 10% in the company.
- 2012 (Dec): Total manufacturing capacity was scaled up to 50,000 MTPA with addition of two other cut to length lines.
- 2013 (March): Acquired ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 certifications.
- 2013 (Oct): Toyota Tsusho Corporation-Japan, a subsidiary of automobile giant Toyota Motors, increases the strategic stake to 20% in the company.
- 2013 (Dec): Got Recognition as Innovation Winner at ASSOCHAM- ICAE SMEs Excellence Awards, 2013.
- 2014 (Jan): Got recognition as Star Performer at prestigious EEPC India National Awards for Engineering Export Excellence 2012-13.
- 2016 (March): Acquired the approval of leading power player NTPC for 2.5 MVA Inverter Duty Transformer for Solar Application for Ananthpur Project.
- 2016 (May): 5 MVA NBPDCL- Bihar Test successfully conducted in CRPI. Also 3.15 OPTCL Orissa Type Test conducted in CPRI the same year.
- 2016 (June): Bureau of Indian Standards grants the license for Outdoor type three-phase distribution transformers up to and including 100 kVA 11kV to 24x7 KRYFS Transformers Pvt. Ltd. under IS 1180.
- 2016 (Sept): Installation of the 11th cut to length machine at the factory of KRYFS Power Components Pvt. Ltd. The plant was inaugurated by the Vice President, Transformers, CG, Mr. Anindya Basu.
- 2017 (Feb): Our 8th factory, specially dedicated to processing transformer cores started operations at Vadodara.
- 2017 (March): Impulse Test and Temperature Rise Test successfully conducted on our 5 MVA, 33 KV/4x380 V, 5 Windings Inverted Duty Transformer for ACME Cleantech Solutions 360 MW Solar Power Project, Telangana.
- 2018 (March): Won the Best Stall Award during ELECRAMA 2018, in the category of Bare Space of 200 sqm and above.
- 2018 (June): GEORG TBA 400 cut to length machine installed at KRYFS Power Components Ltd. factory.
- 2019 (Dec): Company initiated production of AMORPHUS core loops for both 1-phase and 3-phase distribution transformer with an annual capacity of 1200 tons.
- 2020 (Jan): Introduced BOLA, which is an IoT based Transformer remote monitoring system. Also won the Best Stall Award at Elecrama Exhibit the same year.
Brands That Trust Us
With our aim to emerge as a world class force, we have managed attaining long term partnerships with many clients from across markets. Some of the most popular brands to have joined hands with us are ACC, ABB, ALSTOM, Toshiba, L&T, Unitech, Indian Oil, Bharat Bijlee, Godrej, Siemens, Toshiba, British Gas, etc.
Key Facts of KRYFS Power Components Ltd.:
Nature of Business
Manufacturer, Supplier and Service Provider
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Year of Establishment
No. of Employees